Shipper / Receiver
Fortress Technology is a rapidly growing metal detector manufacturer. Our team delivers exceptional service and products to a diverse customer base, ranging from international Fortune 500 companies to local, privately owned companies. By understanding the specific needs of our clients and their customers, we design and manufacture custom industrial metal detector systems that achieve results. We’re committed to our team, our process, our partners, our clients, to the public and helping provide safe metal free products to consumers. Most importantly, we’re passionate about doing it right.
The Shipper/Receiver is responsible for the flow of goods in an organized and safe manner. This position will oversee the shipping and receiving of goods, checking for accuracy, and appropriately processing orders. Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods, maintain internal record-keeping systems.
– Prepare, pick, pack and ship customer orders.
– Ensure that orders are interpreted and filled correctly for customers.
– Ensure all necessary paperwork is complete for customer orders.
– Load and wrap product securely on a skid if required and move it to the designated staging area.
– Unpack and route goods to appropriate storage areas.
– Record shortages and reject damaged goods
– Prepare shipping documents as required both manually and on SAP system
– Lift and carry packages occasionally up to 30 lbs.
– Maintain work area in a safe, clean, and organized condition at all times.
– Observe company policies and procedures as well as Health and Safety policies and procedures.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Completion of High School
– 3-5 years of receiving and shipping experience required.
– Hardworking and able to take direction
– Knowledge of SAP an asset
– Able to work cooperatively in a team environment
– Sound knowledge of Health and Safety practices
– Drive Forklift
– Operate forklift, or other equipment to load, unload, transport, and store goods.
Working Conditions: Dusty and noisy shop environment, Monday to Friday Onsite Work Required
We offer a competitive compensation package and company paid benefits along with a friendly work environment.
Fortress Technology Inc. prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer.
We would like to thank all that apply, however only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.
If you require assistance as per the AODA guidelines, please notify us and we will be happy to accommodate you.