Purchasing and Inventory Manager
Fortress Technology is a rapidly growing metal detector manufacturer. Our team delivers exceptional service and products to a diverse customer base, ranging from international Fortune 500 companies to local, privately owned companies. By understanding the specific needs of our clients and their customers, we design and manufacture custom industrial metal detector systems that achieve results. We’re committed to our team, our process, our partners, our clients, to the public and helping provide safe metal free products to consumers. Most importantly, we’re passionate about doing it right.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Purchasing and Inventory Manager to lead our supply management strategies. In this role, you will be responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing procurement activities, negotiating prices for parts and services, and overseeing comprehensive inventory control and planning processes.
This individual will utilize expert knowledge to purchase goods and services that meet quality requirements and specifications at the most favorable price for the company, while simultaneously building and maintaining strategic relationships with key suppliers.
– Develop and implement supply management strategies in alignment with company goals and objectives.
– Develop, implement and maintain purchasing policy and planning.
– Lead and direct the purchasing and inventory staff, fostering a collaborative and efficient work environment.
– Implement effective inventory control measures to optimize stock levels and minimize shortages or overages.
– Utilize expert knowledge to identify cost-saving opportunities without compromising product quality.
– Negotiate purchase contracts and stocking agreements.
– Manage a team of 7-8 people. All aspects of employee relations (i.e., performance appraisal, discipline, attendance, etc.).
– Procure materials, services, and equipment in a timely and cost-effective way, while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
– Approve and issue purchase orders and contract agreements.
– Meet with suppliers to review requirements and ensure ongoing supply.
– Maintain purchasing information accuracy within SAP MRP system.
– Review consumption records and inventory levels to determine min/max levels and reduce obsolete inventory.
– Identify cost saving opportunities and review regularly to ensure best value of parts/services ordered.
– Proactively communicate with other departments and sites to manage supply chain.
– Discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action.
– Track Purchasing activity and review metrics for ongoing improvement (ie. Vendor on-time delivery, Purchase Price Variance, Inventory value, Inventory turns).
– Monitor inventory levels and make adjustments where necessary.
– Approve invoices for payment where there are cost discrepancies.
– Source and audit suppliers, negotiate pricing and payment terms.
– Manage inventory control functions, cycle-counts, and coordinate Year-End Inventory count.
– Analyze market trends, supplier performance, and industry developments to make informed purchasing decisions.
– Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of purchasing and inventory processes.
– Develop and maintain accurate records of procurement activities, pricing, and inventory levels.
– Implement Process Improvements and Process expertise for Procurement and Inventory Management.
– Completion of University or College in business, purchasing or supply chain management
– PMAC designation or enrollment (preferred)
– Minimum 5 years experience as a Purchasing and Inventory Manager in a manufacturing environment
– Experience with metalworking fabricators, and electronic assembly manufacturers (preferred)
– Knowledge of local and global markets for the industry
– Work experience in international purchasing preferred.
– Working knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures
– Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
– Strong writing skills for creating reports, correspondence, contracts, requests, bids, and other documentation.
– Knowledge of the appropriate tools for grading, analyzing, and assessing materials, equipment, supplies, services, and other commodities.
– Must be able to work effectively with vendors and other internal departments (I.E Sales, Production, Finance etc)
– Strong computer skills and working knowledge of purchasing and MRP software systems (SAP preferred)
– Proven success in a supervisory, management or leadership role in Purchasing
– Able to plan, organize, and direct staff through various job tasks
– Must be able to work in diverse teams and work on multiple projects at one time
– Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners.
– Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
– Excellent time and project management skills
We offer a competitive compensation package and company paid benefits along with a friendly work environment.
Fortress Technology Inc. prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer.
We would like to thank all that apply, however only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.
If you require assistance as per the AODA guidelines, please notify us and we will be happy to accommodate you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person