Fortress Technology is a rapidly growing metal detector manufacturer. Our team delivers exceptional service and products to a diverse customer base, ranging from international Fortune 500 companies to local, privately owned companies. By understanding the specific needs of our clients and their customers, we design and manufacture custom industrial metal detector systems that achieve results. We’re committed to our team, our process, our partners, our clients, to the public and helping provide safe metal free products to consumers. Most importantly, we’re passionate about doing it right.
We are seeking a detail oriented, versatile Accountant to join our Finance team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and have experience in a full range of accounting responsibilities including, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and various reconciliations. This position will help support the day-to-day accounting functions of the business, working closely with and reporting to the Accounting Supervisor.
- Support the month end process, working closely with the Accounting Supervisor to help the business deliver accurate and timely monthly reporting
- Analyze balance sheet accounts and perform account reconciliations
- Assist with cash management process
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Month end payroll journal entries
- Back up to Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
- Visa reconciliations
- Review of all employee expense reports in Concur
- Contributing to ad hoc projects as assigned
- Training on all functions within the department
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- University or College degree in Accounting/Finance
- 5+ years in an Accounting related position (Manufacturing industry experience an asset)
- Possess strong accounting skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced skills in Excel
- Accounting software experience (SAP Business One an asset)
- Opportunity to growth within the company and work towards a supervisory role
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills that clearly and effectively communicate with other team members, and coworkers at all levels of the organization
- Initiative-taking and enthusiastic
We offer a competitive compensation package and company paid benefits along with a friendly work environment.
Fortress Technology Inc. prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer.
We would like to thank all that apply, however only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.
If you require assistance as per the AODA guidelines, please notify us and we will be happy to accommodate you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Profit Sharing
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person