Field Service Technician – Independent Contractor for Kansas, Nearby States
Fortress Technology is a rapidly growing metal detector and checkweigher manufacturer. Our team delivers exceptional service and products to a diverse customer base, ranging from international Fortune 500 companies to local, privately owned companies. By understanding the specific needs of our clients and their customers, we design and manufacture custom industrial inspection systems that achieve results. We’re committed to our team, our process, our partners, our clients, to the public and helping provide safe and quality products to consumers. Most importantly, we’re passionate about doing it right.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Required to work Independently as Field Service Technician of Electronic sensing and inspection equipment.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Schedule Service calls
- Installation, commissioning, troubleshooting, and training on equipment at customer site
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on equipment as required by service or maintenance contract
- Provide customers with telephone support
- Complete Service reports
- Provide sales support to ensure customer satisfaction
- Report regularly to Service Manager
- Other duties as assigned by the Service Manager
- Must be willing to Travel (fly/drive) within the United States
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent presentation, troubleshooting, communication & time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills supported by strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Mechanical/Maintenance skills an asset
- Fluent orally and written in Spanish or French an asset
- Valid Driver’s License and Passport
Education and Training
- College Degree in Electronics Technician or Technologist program, Automation or Instrumentation
- 2-3 Years Field Service or related experience
- Customer Service
- Must be able to function independently and demonstrate a high concern for Customer Satisfaction
- Work well under pressure
- Excellent opportunity for energetic self starter with good communication skills
Job Type: Full-time, Independent Contractor.
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person – customers’ site
We would like to thank all that apply, however only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.
If you require assistance as per the AODA guidelines, please notify us and we will be happy to accommodate you.